Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 72

Thread: Grammar Wars

  1. #21
    Inactive Member BlueWahooChambordDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2007
    Posts
    7,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Grammar Wars

    who gives a frogs fat ass if you cant splel or use a comma instead of a period.......get over it.......if some people decide to break your balls because of it.........just make a mental note of how many times they but on their spleling or grammEr badges and just wreck them when the inevitable time comes that they screw up

    not a big deal really..........so kwityerbitchin
    oh and before some of you put on said badges........the mistakes in this were intentional
    [img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]

  2. #22
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Grammar Wars

    I guess the key thing to me is, if someone goes into attack mode about others verbal skills (or in this case I supposed it would be written skills), then they are bypassing the discussion part of the board and trying to focus on little trivial things.

    Now if someone makes fun of another users errors, and makes worse errors themselves, they do kind of set themself up for it.

    I know I make plenty of errors myself, but normally if I have a thought I'm trying to get it out of there before the tank runs empty. If I make mistakes on grammar or spelling or whatever, as long as I get the point out that I'm trying to make, then I don't care if someone has to result to picking about relatively minor issues.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  3. #23
    Inactive Member theletterl's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2007
    Posts
    59
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Grammar Wars

    Betty Carter should post on the board.

  4. #24
    Inactive Member BlueWahooChambordDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2007
    Posts
    7,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Grammar Wars

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: theletterl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Betty Carter should post on the board. </div></div>
    keep betty carter......get me

    betty
    [img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]

  5. #25
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Grammar Wars

    Blue you got pwned. LOL Oh yeah that isn't really a word. It came from someone mistyping owned.
    If I want to practice for a formal setting I will go to another place besides a sports forum. I agree with Rocketeer about when folks attack grammar. It a lame attack. Also the post about cave drawings was kinda funny considering folks that drew em are still getting their message across.
    GO VOLS

  6. #26
    Inactive Member aphrodite4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2006
    Posts
    537
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Grammar Wars

    I would have to agree with Rock & Mike, all it does is show that someone is grasping at straws to try to kick someone's arse.
    RE-ELECT MARK HUTCHINSON SB DISTRICT 1.
    DONALD DUCK FOR SB IN DISTRICT 2 & 3. [ALL CANDIDATES ARE WORTHLESS]
    RE-ELECT KYLE FLETCHER SB DISTRICT 4
    [img]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n261/aphrodite4evermore/wildcat.jpg[/img]

  7. #27
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Grammar Wars

    It is grasping at straws if you've made a good point and someone has no intelligent retort and they resort to that weakness.

    However, if someone's arguing w/o end, and they continuously condescend and put down another poster and call them "ignent" or "stoopid", and they're actually misspelling the words, then they're opened up like a 7-11 for anything and everything that anyone throws their way.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  8. #28
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Grammar Wars

    How many times are you gonna be in a formal setting and blurt out ROFLMAO. Or give a speach or turn in a report in l33t. Its the internet for petes sake.
    GO VOLS

  9. #29
    Inactive Member BlueWahooChambordDevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2007
    Posts
    7,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Grammar Wars

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MikeJones</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Blue you got pwned. LOL Oh yeah that isn't really a word. It came from someone mistyping owned.
    If I want to practice for a formal setting I will go to another place besides a sports forum. I agree with Rocketeer about when folks attack grammar. It a lame attack. Also the post about cave drawings was kinda funny considering folks that drew em are still getting their message across.
    </div></div>
    im not sure what the hell happened to my pic of betty white........so im gonna have to fix that
    [img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]

  10. #30
    Inactive Member aphrodite4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2006
    Posts
    537
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Grammar Wars

    Well yes I would say they've opened up for the attack, but I've seen it happening to people who were making a good argument and someone who was trying to beat them and was running out of counter-arguments starts attacking grammar and sentence structure. IMO its ridiculous. Like Mike said, it's the internet get over it.
    RE-ELECT MARK HUTCHINSON SB DISTRICT 1.
    DONALD DUCK FOR SB IN DISTRICT 2 & 3. [ALL CANDIDATES ARE WORTHLESS]
    RE-ELECT KYLE FLETCHER SB DISTRICT 4
    [img]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n261/aphrodite4evermore/wildcat.jpg[/img]

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •